We are pleased to invite you to the Workshop “Electrical Engineers for Smart Grid – needs mapping and experience exchange“, to be held at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering, University of Ljubljana, on October 3, 2019.
MAIN TOPICS OF THE WORKSHOP:
1) Training of a next generation of electrical engineers, who must be knowledgeable to implement the new smart grid technologies.
2) Collaboration between Universities, academia, governmental structures, current monopolies and market participants.
3) Raising awareness about electrical engineering field among people and society as a whole.
MAIN GOALS OF THE WORKSHOP:
1) mapping the current practices in terms of smart grid area capacity building programmes;
2) validating the skills, competences and research and innovation needs responding to the urgent European industry needs and the rapidly evolving European energy landscape;
3) validating the needs for training the trainers;
4) experience sharing to increase the interest in the electrical engineering study program which will raise the amount of people who are willing to come and study this field;
5) looking for the synergy between participants research, education and innovation approaches.
To make the Workshop most effective, all participants asked to prepare and send us until Sep-tember 30, 2019:
1) Presentation about your experience, competencies and goals in the field of smart grid of about 3 - 5 minutes using the template.
2) Answer to 3 questions using the template (max 5 sentences for each question):
What is the most urgent challenges and problems in the field of electrical engineering for Smart Grid?
What skills, competencies and knowledge should Electrical Engineers have?
Which approaches could you suggest for training the work-ready engineers?